I traced the foundation perimeter outline onto the project board. Because there’s just four inches (10 cm) of clearance, and I learned valuable lessons trying to build out the underneath of the Sea House Warming Hut — only three inches — after it was fixed to its project board, I’m roughing in the base earth now. Using a mixture of glue (actually, old mosaic tile adhesive that I have an excess of — there’s that serial artist thing again) and thin paper toweling, I built up an uneven substrate in the farthest reaches of the foundation. The ground is a mix of fine sand, Irish Breakfast (leafy) and Earl Grey (fine texture) teas. (Which I also have an excess of, because I like tea. I might even collect tea, and these were really old.)
The paper-glue modeling gives enough unevenness to suggest a convincing ground. I’ll be adding in some plant life where the sun might reach. Beyond that, I don’t know.